Thursday, May 5, 2011

Composting

Since Earth Day was just a few days ago I decided to take the plunge into composting. During some research I noticed that a lot of people have embraced composting as a way of going more green. I watched quite a few youtube videos on how to create a compost and the videos by the CompostGuy were very informative and they clearly outlined the construction process. I was pretty thrilled to find out that I already had everything I needed to make our compost bin minus the worms of course.
Composting is a great way to reduce materials going into the landfills, provides much needed nutrients for gardens and trees, prevents the purchasing of fertilizers, and provides a great activity for the kids. I started a bag in the kitchen that is devoted to composting materials and once we have enough to begin we will be making our composting bin. I think by this weekend or maybe sooner we will be ready to rock and roll! Does your family compost? How much waste has been reduced?

No comments:

Post a Comment