Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tumbleweed Tiny House Company

Several months ago I had discovered the Tumbleweed Tiny House Company when I saw a promotional video on the Yahoo Homepage and yesterday I came across another video that sparked my curiosity about the company again. Jay Shafer is the designer of these tiny, green, efficient homes. His designs range in size from around 65 square feet to the larger sizes being around 837 square feet. I am in awe of his charming designs and creative use of limited space. His houses are the epitome of green and simple living. His design approach is to adequately meet only domestic needs which in turn allows for a simpler lifestyle. I dream of the day when I can take a tour of one of his homes and see hands on how every nook and cranny serves a purpose. I often wonder if after we raise our kids if my husband and I could quietly retire in one of these great tumbleweed homes and enjoy traveling and being grandparents. What are your thoughts? Could you live in a Tumbleweed house? Raise children?  

No comments:

Post a Comment