Thursday, May 5, 2011

Nice to meet you...

Welcome to my blog, Researching Green! I am a stay at home mom of two (8,4) and one on the way. I am devoted to intentionally raising and guiding my children and running a clean, orderly and efficient household. We live a great life in a quiet town in Northern Arizona.
Over the past year I have become more and more interested and intrigued by the “green” movement and minimalist living. I have found during recent research that green and minimalism typically go hand in hand. I am more concerned about adopting green practices as far as it pertains to organic and natural foods and products for the benefit of health safety and less of the “save the planet”  movement (although I do think we should be responsible in this area as well and actively seek to better our everyday habits).
Minimalism is a more recent infatuation of mine. I had already been thinking and slowly easing into the ideas of minimalistic practices but never had a name to fit the ideals until I came across a few blogs discussing what I had been envisioning and using the term “minimalism”. After some serious reading I have concluded that I will never be a hard core minimalist but I do see the benefits and how I can incorporate some of the practices into our home to make better use of our space, energy, and time.
This blog will follow my new journey of “Researching Green”. I will post my reviews of new organic or natural products that I try and my efforts to incorporate more of a green lifestyle into our home. I will also post on how I plan to incorporate minimalism and how it affects our home life.
I gladly welcome kind and respectful comments or suggestions on any posts and I look forward to meeting new people who are also on this particular journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment